« Home | About CR UVa »

March 02, 2005

Rules for Commenting

Any comments posted on The Red Stater must be devoid of personal, baseless attacks, which includes but is not limited to racism, sexism, discrimination based on religion (discussions of theology are still open), discrimination based on sexuality (questioning homosexuality is certainly open, but demonizing an individual for practicing it will not be accepted), and the like.

I would request that profanity be kept to a minimum; my aim is for this website to be able to hold to a PG or PG-13 rating.

Please try to stay on topic in each post.

I will not delete posts that simply disagree with mine, unless they violate one of the aforementioned rules. I intend for this blog to be an open forum.

All comments are subject to edit or removal if they are violate these rules, and anyone posting such comments are subject to a permanant ban from the Red Stater. I believe in the freedom of speech, but I also believe in respect for others; if you have something inappropriate to say, take it somewhere else. Also, just like any e-mails sent to me, I will not hesitate to use the comments in future posts; obviously, they are already in the public forum, but I don't want anyone coming back to me, mad that I "misused" their words or "did not have their permission".

Thank you in advance for following the rules. I look forward to civil discourse with you all.