« Home | One reason to be glad to be a Wahoo » | Raising Kaine is a joke » | Air America and the MSM » | Team Mascots » | CC's Caption Contest » | Possible debate at UVa » | First Responses to "rights" » | What is a right? » | "Moderate" Politicians? » | Peter Jennings Dead at 67 »

August 15, 2005

For those of you not afraid to put on a couple pounds...

I tried Five Guys for the first time today. For those of you unfamiliar with the establishment, they sell little more than hamburgers, hot dogs, and french fries (they also serve free peanuts in bulk containers). So what, some might say. Charlottesville already has The White Spot. Well, I'd never put down the fine food there, including the Gus Burger.
Gus Burger
But I have to say, Five Guys easily tops The White Spot. Though a little pricier, you get your full value for a meal there; a regular size french fry put in a standard size styrofoam cup.

Overflowing.

Filling about half the paper bag that it comes in with the burger.

I don't often get excited about new restaraunts, but Five Guys is a definite must (for you vegetarians out there, I'll just say that you are missing a lot here). Fortunately, Charlottesville is not lacking in one, so if the upcoming school year is dragging you down, Five Guys will break those end-of-the-summer blues.

UPDATE 8/16/05 5 PM: I just realized that I did not attribute where I got the picture of the Gus Burger from. I wish I could say it was mine, but the picture (and accompanying article) is from here.

Also, welcome to all CC readers. JB is right, it is hard to leave C'ville, and so easy to get excited about going back.