« Home | Bigotry (bə-guh-tree): See irony » | New Link! New Link! New Link! » | The Lack of Social Conservatives in the Virginia B... » | Pennsylvania's next governor? » | Privacy should be protected except when it shouldn't » | The Left's disconnect with the Military » | They Control Their Destiny » | Virginia adds on to the wall bordering Mexico » | I guess it is better than dressing up like the BK ... » | Great Finish for the Hoos »

January 10, 2006

Apple's New Products

I can see Waldo drooling already (or is that Ross?.

Apple has released a slew of new products today. I'll give a quick run-through of each of them.

MacBook Pro - Basically the heir apparent to the PowerBook, this laptop gets big boosts everywhere (not least of which the pricetag). The lowend MacBook has an 80 GB harddrive, a 1.67 GHz Intel Core Duo processor, 512 MB of RAM, and built-in wireless. Again, I emphasize, that is the lowend MacBook. Ross who? I'm drooling.

Intel iMac - Twice as fast as the old iMac, this new machine will have up to a 2.0 GHz dual processor and all the features of the prior iMac. Is it too late to trade in my iBook?

iWork '06 - A competitor for Microsoft Office, but this one will take a bit more work to win over even the most loyal Apple users. We still need to be able to communicate with PCs after all. Looks nice, but can it move in on an area that Microsoft has its true stronghold on?

iLife '06 - Some of the best software that Apple makes. Multimedia is easily edited and accessed. iPhoto gets most of my use, as does iTunes (and I must say, I do love my iPod video), but iMovie, iDVD, iWeb (okay, maybe Apple does overdo that i thing), and Garageband are all quality products that contribute to the ease of use of the Mac.

iPod FM Tuner Remote - Third-party companies have been doing these for a while, and now Apple joins in. Radio on the iPod (5G only) makes the little handheld a nearly all-in-one multimedia station. All it needs now is satellite TV and streaming movies and video-games. I think I'll hold off on this one though. I do not need radio that much, and plan to spend my money on an Apple remote anyway.

Wow, some great stuff there. Microsoft may not be sweating yet, but Apple is loking good right now.