« Home | Questions » | So let me get this straight... » | Global warming=Religion » | Apparently, an apology is not enough » | Consensus? The Debate is Over? » | This gets a little scary » | This is one reason I have chosen to remain anonymous » | Talk about counting your chickens before they hatch. » | Woodward has it right » | A Message For Our Black Youth »

March 03, 2007

People mad at Ann Coulter for being...

Ann Coulter.

Miss Coulter made a rather blunt, and arguably daft statement at the CPAC conference this past weekend.
I was going to have a few comments on the other Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards, but it turns out you have to go into rehab if you use the word 'f****t,' so I — so kind of an impasse, can't really talk about Edwards.
Now, this was clearly inappropriate and she could have said this in a different way.

However, I find it hard to get mad at her. Is this heartless of me? Am I just helping her to sell books (I cannot believe I am hearing conservatives say this; sounds like a bunch of anti-business types to me)?

No, I have heard too many Democrats and anti-conservative pundits/activists/politicians do the same sort of thing and never apologize. Cindy Sheehan? Regularly committing treason and never having to answer for it. Michael Moore? Deliberately lies and gets an Oscar in return. Bill Maher? High viewership for low IQ. And then there are the racist habits Democrats have, like Hillary Clinton's Ghandi joke, Joe Biden's continued problems, and who can forget Robert Byrd's time in the KKK?

I am numb to it.

They want an apology for something they never apologize for.

And then one almost wonders is it really an insult? "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" became popular; wasn't queer supposed to be a similar insult? It might be if a conservative or heterosexual used it outside of naming that show. And the N-word? Why is it all right when blacks use it while considered to be a slur otherwise? And do not even get me started with the manufactured anger towards George Allen's gaffe from last year; I heard that word used at least ten times more often by those against George Allen than those for, and I am not exaggerating.

I am numb to it.

And now, Riley, Not O'Reilly figures out the main reason Democrats are making a big deal; as a hollow attempt to raise money.
A few observations. First, if Dean and Edwards were really upset about this, they wouldn’t be trying to score political points or raise funds off of this.
I am numb to it.

I can see why some conservatives are mad about this, but I wonder why they have only directed their questions to Ann Coulter. She has capitalized on something liberals have been mastering for longer than she has; and for every Ann Coulter we have, they have a dozen Ward Churchills, Rosie O'Donnells, and Julio Pinos.

Ann Coulter must be feeling numb too. Why feel a need to apologize when so many on the other side insult without remorse and often feel no need to? Particularly when they do it so often.

I'm sure I am unpopular right now, here and on other blogs; I have commented in many places in defense of Miss Coulter. But I do not care. I am simply numb.

And until I see a change on the left, that will not change.

UPDATE 3/4 9:20 PM: SWAC Girl has her thoughts on Ann Coulter.