« Home | Is that a face in your food? » | Apparently, Republicans=Hitler » | 19- and 20-year olds in the military in Wisconsin ... » | Perhaps Evan would be interested in this... » | Conservatives can unite on topics, liberals declin... » | Those on the other side, and I'm not talking about... » | A day of rememberance » | A Thousand Hits! » | Change in the blogroll » | Big News! »

June 03, 2005

Republicans, line up on the right. Democrats, line up at center.

I can't say that I agree with the Virginia Centrist too often (I personally question the meaning of "moderate" in particular), but his recent post is very accurate. Virginia Centrist notes that Democrats do best in elections where the candidate is perceived as a moderate, but Republicans can win with (and generally seem to be more successful running) conservatives.

He also notes that Mickey Kaus says the same thing. I hope that this is fairly obvious to most Republicans, because I really do not like the prospect of a John McCain presidency.