« Home | An Interesting Idea » | On anonymous and pseudonymous blogging and commenting » | Small problem » | Whoa » | A Great Run » | An Appeal from Center-Right Bloggers » | Intelligence or Ignorance? » | Changes coming? » | I do not like recalls... » | Hmm... »

January 18, 2006

Mass Media and American Politics

These are topics that have greatly influenced the posts on this blog, but it is also a course I will be taking this semester. Paul Freedman is the professor of this course, one which has received favorable reviews from friends that have taken this course. He has suggested that some of us use the course to influence posting on our blogs, and even asked those of us who have them to send them to him (at this time, I do not plan on doing so). Still, I will post my thoughts on the course (as others no doubt will, and the potential for links to my blog may still bring new readers here), and we'll see if the course changes or bolsters some of my thoughts concerning the media's effect on politics.