« Home | ...and I feel fine. » | Ugh » | Where would they get an idea like that? » | Upcoming Election » | VBC XXVIII » | Iraq in Context » | NCAA Tournament Weekend One Analysis » | Seems to describe me fairly accurately » | Around the Horn Part 2 » | Pro Athletes and Political Donations »

April 02, 2006

Goodbye to SST

The Virginia Blogosphere has grown greatly in the last couple years; sadly, it must at times also lose members at times. The Old Dominion Blog Alliance is losing one of its greatest blogs, Sic Semper Tyrannis. Addison, Old Zach, and Lighthorse Harry have all done an exceptional job with this blog. Sadly, I never got to know Addison, but Old Zach and Lighthorse Harry are great friends who I know have big things in store for them in the future. Both are born leaders, and I would not at all be surprised to see either of them on a ballot one day (going by their real names of course). Lighthorse Harry I have known for nearly four years, and he has always been very supportive. I have not known Old Zach for quite as long, but he is very engaging, and even encouraged me and a few other blogs written by college students to join the ODBA, something I still take as a great compliment. As their lives get busier (something I am very familiar with recently), they have found that they cannot make blogging a priority; that is all right, we all have to make tough decisions like that in life. But they have both made a great contribution to Virginia politics, and I am sure they will continue to do so. Make us proud guys!

As something of a final gift, Old Zach chronicled his thoughts on Virginia Republicans this past week. Here are each of the parts.
Part I: Republican Malaise
Part II: What is a Republican?
Part III: What's Wrong With NOVA?
Part IV: Who is Our Leader?
Part V: What Are Our Goals?
Part VI: Thoughts on the Blogosphere