« Home | Around the Horn Part 2 » | Pro Athletes and Political Donations » | Around the Horn » | Ronald Reagan. George W. Bush. George Allen. » | A Man's Man » | Two Years » | Washington Times: Washington Post said Iraq was a ... » | Who's afraid? » | Found in today's Washington Times » | Having solved all other problems in Newfane, VT... »

March 19, 2006

Seems to describe me fairly accurately

As this appears to be spreading across the Virginia blogosphere (here and here), I figured I'd give it a try as well.
You are a

Social Conservative
(36% permissive)

and an...

Economic Conservative
(78% permissive)

You are best described as a:

Republican




Link: The Politics Test on Ok Cupid
Also: The OkCupid Dating Persona Test

It seems to be a fairly accurate description of my political views (though I am surprised that I am so close to the capitalist mark, figuring on being centered somewhere in the Republican area). After taking the test, there is an option to add images of politicians and celebrities to compre your results with the approximation of theirs. My mark fell right in between George W. Bush and Ronald W. Reagan, which does not surprise me at all. Perhaps my test will make Dannyboy a little less surprised. I do agree with Virginia Moderate though; some questions required a little thought as the intended meaning was not always clear, but I wonder if the test was meant to be taken without thinking too much on each question. Might there be a bias then either in the testing or one's thoughts on their own political views?

UPDATE 3/20 9 PM: Rick Sincere has his thoughts on the test as well.