« Home | This is why I hate both the Yankees and the Red Sox » | The UN once again proves its worthlessness » | Jerry Kilgore at Professor Sabato's class » | Howard Dean: The Left's Paradox » | Trackback and Counter added » | Freedom of press concerns » | A few links that speak for themselves. » | Am I obsessed with polls, or just how inaccurate t... » | Disrespect in a rough time, but it is a time to mo... » | Pope John Paul II »

April 15, 2005

Clarification

After a recent comment to one of my posts, I wanted to clarify a little where I stand. I stand very strongly for a smaller government, but I am a conservative, not a libertarian. Some social issues, particularly those that affect other people, may require a little regulation. The rights of one person do not outweigh the rights and needs of others. For example, in this specific case, perhaps an individual should not be allowed to drink as much beer as they want, as they can become a legitimate hazard to others around them. If you want to drink 8 beers in your own home, no one can stop you; but when you are a guest, you should resepect the wishes of the host and the security of those around you.