« Home | Some people... » | One Last Thing... » | Can I Put You On Hold? » | Just like Weird Al, Except Conservative and Not Me... » | Goodbye to SST » | ...and I feel fine. » | Ugh » | Where would they get an idea like that? » | Upcoming Election » | VBC XXVIII »

May 02, 2006

Goodbye C'ville

I'd say I am getting out at the right time, but I am heading back to an ever more blue Northern Virginia in a couple weeks. What can everyone in the town around the University that Mr. Jefferson built expect? Four more years of pointless resolutions (that "City of Peace" thing was really effective at stopping the war, wasn't it?) and useless City Councilmen (what have they done besides getting the elected School Board? Oh wait, that was spearheaded by Rob Schilling. Never mind).

To Rob Schilling: thank you for your service to this town. You have worked hard for this city and deserve nothing but praise for all of your hard work.

To David Norris and Julian Taliaferro: please do not fall into the trap that the rest of the council has gotten stuck in. Do some real work for Charlottesville and make it even more of a place that I know I will want to return to.

To anyone in Charlottesville: if it seems that things are not getting done that need doing, remember who it is that you voted for and consider that in the next election.

In the meantime, I am finding it very hard to avoid blogging. Still, regular blogging will not return until later this month. In the meantime, add Waldo's Virginia Political Blogs aggregator to your RSS feed; with any luck, I will find myself added to it when I return.