« Home | Apparently, UVa now can police the internet » | The changes just keep on coming » | Another new link and more on the accusation of Jer... » | Picking the next president » | Traffic in Northern Virginia could be getting better. » | More New Links » | New link » | Laura Ingraham receieves warm wishes from Elizabet... » | White House security seems to check out » | Senate Republicans are just trying to take away th... »

May 03, 2005

Atoning for a mistake I have made

I have had a history of being naive on some things. The Virginia Republican is one of them.

Allen Thornburgh of The Thornblog has pointed out to me something that I have just thrown out. The Virginia Republican is too far out there to be real. I have played right into the Virginia Republican's hands, and I am now among the jokes on his blog.

Unfortunately, there is little that can be done about this. Like a number of other Virginia bloggers, I can't change what he says there and, even if I comment there to defend myself, Pastor John (the given name for the only author of the blog) can just delete it. There is only one thing I can do, and that is to renounce any connection to the Virginia Republican. He is free to post whatever he wants on his site, but I can guarantee that his use of my words will be inaccurate of what I am trying to convey.

Specifically to Pastor John, I will ask that you not post here anymore unless it is relevant to the conversation and serious. Any other posts will be deleted and you will be banned otherwise. In particular, no apologies in later posts. If you are serious and not demeaning, I will have no reason to do so.

To everyone else, this will not be standard procedure for me; I prefer to keep things like this private. However, this situation necessitates full attention. Virginia Republican's attempts may be damaging to blogs from true Virginia Republicans. To you all, I apologize for allowing this to go as far as it had. To keep this from going any further, this post will not allow comments, in the hopes that people will follow the commenting rules and that this whole situation will just be left in the past.

On a lighter note, give The Thornblog a look. Along with The Salt Lick, it is being added to the blog roll. They both look like great blogs and I look forward to keeping up with both of them.